Abbey Memorials Limited (our registered office address is 21 Lodge Lane, Grays, Essex RM17 5RY (Company number: 01624796)) (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Turner and Co Memorials
- W E Smith and Sons
- UK Memorial Service
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.abbeymemorialsltd.co.uk or by post or over the telephone. This includes information provided in the course of expressing an interest in, and/or using our services and/or to enable us to contact you in relation to our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide to us in the course of subscribing to newsletters and email notifications.
- If we contact each other in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If we contact each other by telephone, we will record and keep a record of all inbound and outbound calls to our out of hours answering service.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out via links from our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. This is explained in further detail in paragraph 2 below.
- IP Addresses and Cookies
We may also collect information about your computer and your visits to and use of our site, including, where available, your computer’s IP address, geographical location, operating system, referral source, browser type, length of visit and number of page views. We will collect this information for the purposes of system administration, optimising the use of our site and reporting aggregate information to third party suppliers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. In particular, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting and to track information such as which browser, screen resolution and IP address you are using to access our website, in addition to tracking your movements around our Site.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file, which is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server and this enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Therefore, we may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In particular, they enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To effectively administer the site and improve the site’s usability.
- To use information obtained from cookies for marketing purposes.
As mentioned above, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about site use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our site may be used to create reports about the use of our site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
- Where we store your personal data
Our servers are situated in the UK, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and our processing of such data will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and any future electronic transactions made via the site(none are possible at present) will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we may in future give to you (or where you may choose) a password which will enable you to access certain parts of our site, you will be responsible for keeping that password confidential, together with any login details and/or user details. When the option exists in future for you to enter secure areas of our website we will ask you not to share your password, login or user details with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your information for the duration of the term of your order with us or during any ongoing relationship and for a reasonable period thereafter or as long as the law requires or permits.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer caller information.
- To provide you with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about our services and products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide you with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about services and products of our suppliers and other third parties that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide third parties with any information given by you to us which is necessary for the purpose of carrying out our reporting requirements with such third parties (ie Local Authorities and Church Diocese dealing with Burial Grounds).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To enable us to effectively administer, develop, support and improve the site and improve a customer’s/user’s browsing experience by personalising our site.
- To enable us to collate statistical information about customers and carry out market research.
- To enable us to provide customer services in relation to our services and to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or in relation to customers and/or products supplied to customers.
- To send you general (non-marketing) communications such as email notifications and/or newsletters which you have specifically requested.
- Disclosure of your information
The only third parties to whom we will disclose any of your information to will be:
- The authorities responsible for considering and granting memorial permits ie Local Authorities, Parish Councils, Church Diocese or any other body (ie Trust or Committee) connected with a Burial Ground
- To whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any service to which you have requested (including without limitation for the purposes of contract fulfilment and processing payments for memorial products and services).
- To provide third parties with any information given by you to us which is necessary to carry out our reporting requirements with such third parties (ie the Company’s registered accountants)
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (where for example you may have work in progress with us or an outstanding invoice).
- If Abbey Memorials Limited and substantially all of its respective assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following any “unsubscribe” instructions included in any marketing materials sent to you.
Our website may in future contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or data activities on such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and you will be required to provide us with appropriate identification so we can verify your identity.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with ICO
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office (www.ico.org.uk) .
- Updating Information
Please let us know if any personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated at any time.
Data Protection Officer: Mark Steen
Address: Abbey Memorials Limited, Rawreth Industrial Estate, Rawreth Lane, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 9RL.
Email address: email@example.com