This is an example of how an inscription might be constructed – but it is entirely up to you to decide the format. (Providing the cemetery office or parish council or church diocese are happy with the content)
- Consider where best any design or photo plaque will go
- Opening line, others include “Treasured memories of…”, “Cherished memoris of…” or, “Sacred to the memory of…”
- Deceased’s name
- Relevant dates
- Who the deceased was, alternatively use the actual titles used in life ie Dad, Grandad etc.
- Final comment
- Alternatively use the actual titles used in life ie Mum, Nan, Nanny etc.
- This area too can be engraved it is usually 3″ high
More Guidance Notes
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact us. A member of the team would be happy to discuss your requirements and help you on the way to select a perfect memorial.